Many of you might know about Gary Palumbo's billboard that he wants to put up on Roosevelt Avenue. "#FreeMetsFans Sell The Team" is what Gary wants the billboard to say. He makes a very valid point. The Wilpon's have not wanted to spend money since Bernie Madoff made off with their money. The Wilpon's have told Mets fans that the team still has all the money to spend but then doesn't spend the money to get the players needed to put a good product on the field. They haven't been good since 2009 and in a small market team that might be acceptable but in New York that is not acceptable. We usually have a tough time losing five games let alone five years of losing seasons. As I understand the Mets are rebuilding there has been many players that could have made this team watchable during the recent years. The Mets have signed very few of them. The Wilpon's have said one thing but done another trying to fool Mets fans. The only one being fooled has been the Wilpon's. They should have sold the team when Madoff took the Wilpon's money. I think the Mets are headed in the correct direction. They still are acting like a small market team in a large market. I think the Mets have needed new owners for a while. I miss the days of Nelson Doubleday but I also think they are a year late cause they are on the way up. I think winning cures a lot of things. but who's to say that this isn't the last time they get fooled or they don't spend the money? They want to trade Daniel Murphy if they get a shortstop because it would free up five million dollars, really Mr. Wilpon? Five million in a New York market?
If you would like to help, you can go to #FreeMetsFans Sell The Team and pledge $1, $20, $50.
No comments:
Post a Comment