Sunday, January 4, 2015

R.I.P. Stuart Scott

     "Booyah!" I need to take a minute to talk about Stuart Scott. You where a great sports anchor and even better human being. It really saddened me to hear that this man passed early on Sunday. He was only 49 years old. He leaves behind two daughters, a girlfriend, an ex-wife, his sisters along with all of loyal listeners. The people that aspired to be just like him but fell short because his style was unique and his own. I really enjoyed turning on SportsCenter and seeing him on there as I'm sure many of you did. Stuart Scott was battling cancer for the third time and this time the cancer took him from his suffering. He didn't lose cancer, nope, he wouldn't let cancer win. He lived life to the fullest and always treated people with the utmost respect. Hearing story's on the radio, he was a great man. Someone that people and fans should REALLY be looking up to and not the Adrian Peterson, Roger Clemens, Ray Rice's of the world. He is someone that will be greatly missed and should always be idolized. His perseverance was highlighted by his acceptance of the Jimmy V award. Thank you for everything you've done for sports reporting, you made watching ESPN even better. Rest In Peace Stuart Scott (July 19, 1965-January 4, 2015). You really are as cool as the other side of the pillow!

No comments:

Post a Comment