Friday, April 24, 2015

Subway Series @ Yankee Stadium

Eleven in a row, a perfect home stand. This is quite exciting! I didn't think the Mets would win eleven games in all of April. The Mets certainly have become relevant again it's awesome to see.

Even Colon has become relevant. On this team that become a great story. Bartolo Colon is the comic relief. But he is the comic relief in a good way. His helmet falling off after his swing is funny enough but then he's picking people off first and getting them out in that unassisted way. It's great to watch Colon get an unassisted pickoff of A,J. Pierzynski.

Daniel Murphy had a huge role in today's game, positively and negatively, he was all around involved. In the first inning Murphy drove in three runs and put the Mets ahead 3-0-positive. In the fourth inning he had a mental error. With a runner on first and third, Pierzynski hit a tailor made double play to Daniel Murphy, Murphy proceeds to field the ground ball cleanly and then see Markakis- the runner on third- trying to score, so Murphy throws home.  Daniel Murphy, I know you're not Edgardo Alfonzo at second base and I like the effort and hard work you've put into figuring out your position but mental errors are inexcusable. I can forgive a physical error but Murph, you're in the Major's, you should not be making mental errors. You're up 3-0 with runners on first and third, take the two outs and let the run score Murphy.  So instead of it being two outs, nobody on, it was bases loaded and nobody out. The very next batter got out though which for those counting, get two, it's inning over with a score of 3-1 but instead it is 3-0 bases loaded and only one out. Bartolo Colon wasn't able to get out of it and let three runs score. Tie game started with a mental error. Mental errors usually don't show up on the score card so it was a fielders choice for A.J. and three earned runs.

When that play happened I thought the other shoe had dropped and this was the Mets team I remember. Luckily they prevailed! Murphy also had another RBI to extend the Mets lead to 6-3. Murphy had four runs on two hits. So it was probably two positive and one negative but since they won, the positive was magnified if they lost, the negative would have been magnified. Familia came in to shut the door for the eighth time this season.

What do you think about the upcoming series against the Yankees? I like the fact that deGrom and Harvey are starting against the Yankees. How do you like the first matchup of deGrom against Pineada? How many home runs do you think Curtis Granderson will hit at his happy place, Yankee Stadium? Even though I like the idea of Lucas Duda going the other way he might get porch happy as well and try to hit it out, if he does, how many do you think he will hit? Who will have a better game tonight deGrom or Pineada? I hope you answered that question with deGrom!!! In New York we bleed Blue and Orange, LETS GO METS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment