Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mets Fans Are Here...

I don't know if it's just me but I've been seeing a lot more Mets apparel on people lately. Maybe it's just because of it being baseball season or maybe people just happened to find it under their bed or under their bed or maybe they just wound up getting it as a gift. Whatever winds up being the reason for it, I really like seeing all these Mets shirts and hats on people. They are off to a fast start, going 9-3 which is awesome and if this was football I'd be extremely happy but this is a 162 game season. I am really excited and happy with how the offense has been picking each other up and I've been thrilled with how well the pitching has done. From the Dark Knight to deGrom's flow to Bartolo's bat, it's been so much fun to watch. Even Niese who started on Opening Day for the Mets in 2013 has been pleasant to watch.

I know it's really early, really early but they have been doing well against the N.L. East teams and hopefully that can continue into tomorrow. Whoever is going to tomorrow's game, April 19th, has some great tickets because it is for "Matt Harvey Part Two". Whenever he pitches it reminds of Tom Seaver and how he was able to lift his team up so much. Harvey's build is similar to Seaver's, even the way Harvey uses his legs to provide so much power is very similar. Much like Seaver, when Harvey steps on the mound, everyone else wants to earn him a victory. The eight other defenders want to make twenty seven outs in a row. The lineup wants to give him a lead so he can cruise through and I know when Harvey goes out there he wants to go nine perfect innings.

Harvey is truly special to watch. I hope it's a beautiful day for everyone going out to Citi field to watch the game today. I really hope that the people enjoy the game they are going to be watching come one in the afternoon. It should really be a great game to watch and to be able to feel the electricity and energy when Harvey pitches is a great experience. Writing this has made me want to go to tomorrow's game even but I know the people there will have a story to tell so please feel free to share with me. I hope you enjoy the day outside in the sun at the game!

Before the game please remember to fill out your scorecard, it's such a memory when I look back at the scorecards I have. Here is a site to help with your scorecard if you need it, but like it says everyone does their scorecard their own way, but they all follow the same basic rules. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment