Thursday, June 13, 2013

Adam Wainwright vs Matt Harvey

Today's game is supposed to be Adam Wainwright vs Matt Harvey. This game shows a lot of promise of being good, I just hope the weather cooperates! This is the rubber game of a three game series.
I have never liked Adam Wainwright due to his strikeout of Carlos Beltran, kind of ironic that Beltran is now behind Wainwright, I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I wanted to actually be able to enjoy this game at Citi Field but this rain seems like it's going to just put a damper on things. 
If both of these guys have even just there good stuff, this could be a great game. I think that Harvey and Wainwright goes at least seven and combine for at least 15 strikeouts. This has a battle of the bullpens written all over it, and I hate to say that because the Mets pen is god awful, aside from Bobby Parnell. I think that Harvey essentially needs to go the distance, while the Mets need to work Wainwright's pitch count and wear him down, and actually manufacture runs. That means ACTUALLY getting the bunt down. The bunt just seems like a lost art in baseball nowadays, I just like the fact that you can move the runner over or maybe even get a run from just a simple bunt. The Mets need to play situational baseball!!! I know that this is all a lot to ask for, for the Mets bullpen to actually hold a lead two days in a row, and then to ACTUALLY hold a lead for Harvey? I really hope I'm wrong in my pessimistic thinking but this is the way the Mets have made me think. I think Harvey pitches stellar against a team that is hard to do that against, especially with two out. I think Harvey gets a no decision because he gives up a single in the eighth inning with two outs and Terry Collins winds up taking out Harvey cause it's a close game and he has almost 100 pitches. I really don't like when he does that, let him try to get out of it, who are you going to bring in from the bullpen? Let him get it! So I ask you, what do you think will happen this game, if it gets played? And as I wrap up this post, the sun is trying to sneak out!

No comments:

Post a Comment