Thursday, February 5, 2015

Player Profile: Anthony Recker

     Anthony Recker, probably the most important player on the Mets bench. He will be the one to help d'Arnaud form into the player he is going to become. He should be helping d'Arnaud get better defensively.

     The Mets have a great problem to have. They have two catching prospects that look pretty good. Anthony Recker seems to be the one to help teach Travis and Kevin. While Recker could probably be  a pretty good platoon option on another team the Mets seem to be headed in the correct direction at catcher. Anthony will be able to have the opportunity to teach these great prospects.

     He also has some pop. In 2013, he had 135 at bats with six home runs and in 2014, he had 174 at bats with seven home runs. Although I still think Todd Pratt was a great fan favorite, Recker fly's under the radar and can be a very beneficial player to the Mets. I think Recker can put up similar numbers to the past two years.

    Recker also just had a child that I wrote about in an earlier post.

No comments:

Post a Comment