Dear Bryan -
What is the purpose of the Mets holding back Harvey for the home opener? Why not have him start the first game instead of having him start the home opener to appease the home crowd? Wins are better than attendance numbers.
From,
Mike from Mineola
Hey Mike from Mineola!
The purpose of the Mets holding back Matt Harvey for the home opener is to give him some extra rest before coming back from Tommy John surgery. You have the pitchers for it, so why not? It's not like the Mets are lacking in pitching. I determine the thinking behind this is save him for opening day at home and get to have him for another start in September. For that hopeful playoff push. The Mets have Harvey on a soft innings cap.
I would like to assume that Citi Field would be sold out opening day either way, especially if you're starting young phenom deGrom or even Wheeler. I do know they have three games against the Nationals followed by three verses the Braves. Those are two NL East teams that you would love to get off to a at the very worst 3-3 start, hopefully a 4-2 start. The Phillies though should not be overlooked, you'd love to be able to win your home opener to get the fans excited. I think Harvey gives them the best chance to win now and if healthy, in September.
I think it has more to do with season long winning than with the attendance numbers but you bring up some great points because with this front office you always think that their motivation will be dollar signs instead of winning at all costs.
Thank You for your question Mike, I hope to hear back from you. If anyone else would like to ask me a question please feel free to ask me a question by e-mailing me at: fighttilwon27@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing all your questions and will answer them in a timely fashion.
As always thank you all for your support because as much as I enjoy writing about the Mets I really enjoy the support from the fans that watch the same games as I do.
- Bryan
No comments:
Post a Comment