Friday, July 5, 2013

Zack Wheeler goes 2-1 in an offensive onslaught

Zack Wheeler started today's game and got what Matt Harvey has been lacking...run support. Wheeler labored through five innings, but got the job done for a win, in a 12-5 win over the Milwaukee Brewers.

Even though the Mets got a lot of run support for Zack Wheeler, he had to throw 99 pitches through five innings of work but only gave up three earned runs. He did not looked pleased in the dugout though. I like the fact that he wasn't pleased with his performance and that he seemed like he wanted to do better, wanted to be more productive and give the laboring Mets bullpen a rest.

Kirk reached base six times, got four hits, and five RBI. He might have actually benefited from being moved to the number five slot in the lineup. He might have noticed that TC actually has confidence in him. He made Terry look like a smart man, and I hope that he continues along this same path.

Ike Davis returned today, and I didn't want him batting fourth in his return from the minors. I just thought it was like throwing him back into the fire, putting him right into the thick of the lineup but it wound up helping the Mets. Despite going 3-5 with two RBI and a walk, he still looked unbalanced. I didn't like the way he was after he strides. He did however get three hits and when he was in Las Vegas, he hit well. Like I have said before, he benefited from being sent down due to being able to relax and just focus on his stance and hitting. He did have a strikeout however and I thought that after that strikeout, he was going to fumble and start down the same path but that was not the case. As Met fans, we all want him to succeed. We all want him to be able to bat fourth in a l prominent  lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment