Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trade talks

At the start of yesterday's game against the Marlins, I thought that they where going to win, then the Mets jumped out to that three to nothing lead.
Then the Marlins tied the score and all I could think about was, "Oh great more of the same." But that wasn't the case!

Ike Davis had the game-winning double (good for him) in which Byrd wound up scoring from first with hustle. He just got in there too.

Bobby Parnell came on to get the save. With runners on the corners, that he put there and two outs he got Stanton to ground out to second base.

Byrd is on the trading block, as I think he should be. The guy hustles, plays the game hard and well for the most part, the right way. I thought there would be a lot more talk about him going somewhere. I know the Mets are probably asking for a lot, but he is putting up better numbers than Justin Upton and costs only a fraction of the price. The teams that need that help are: Texas Rangers, Pittsburgh Pirates, and there probably are a couple of other teams that would like a right-handed bat, like say maybe the Yankees? But that's in all likely hood, not going to happen.

What do you think? Do you think that the Mets will trade any of there "chips"? I think there best trade chip is in Byrd and if the price is right, MAYBE Parnell. What do you think about the trade possibility's?

No comments:

Post a Comment