"PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!" It took lover between times hearing that than I expected but couldn't be happier that those words rang true as Cespedes secured the ball in his not. With this Mets pitching staff they turned to Logan Varrett and who better? Varrett gave the Mets exactly what they were looking for, a lengthy start to rest the bullpen while leaving with a chance to win the game. I didn't agree agree when he brought in Henderson to pitch the seventh after a 30 plus pitch outing the night before. He looked fatigued after he lost the 16 pitch at bat to Dee Gordon but didn't mind him staying in at that point to see if he could get out of it. Bringing him in the next night is were I have an issue. This is a guy that has looked great but has battled injuries. He is looking like he could be a key piece for the Mets. It's a tough task to follow Syndergaard when your fastball is only 95 mph. When Henderson was brought in it was locked at 1-1 and he proceeded to loaded the bases. Henderson was pulled for Robles who did the amazing job of striking out two and handing the ball of to Blevins to get Dee Gordon. Hendersons last fastball was clocked at, I believe, 89 mph, which has to tell you his arm was tired after a disappointing result in Tuesday nights game. I know that the Mets bullpen is depleted but there are certain guys you can't go to no matter what on back to back days and in the early going, Henderson looks like one of those guys. If Terry wants this bullpen to remain effective he's going to have to be a little more mindful of who he puts out there back to back days.
What is Cespedes doing nine games in? I love the hustle but he had zero chance at that ball. Isn't that a dead ball anyway? I think that ball, even if caught, wouldn't have been an out. That was entertaining to watch but I would like to see him hitting bombs like its the home run derby. Stringing together hits is key. Only one time has this team scored over five runs so far. This team needs this day off, it feels weird saying this this early in the season but that's the way it looks.
What do you think the Mets should do to kickstart this offense? Should the Mets place deGrom on the DL?
Congratulations to Jacob deGrom on his newborn!
Let's go Rangers! Let's go Mets!
No comments:
Post a Comment