Congratulations to the 2015 New York Mets! They came into this year with very low expectations and raised eyebrows as to how good their pitching truly is. Their hitting caught up in a flurry in the second half. With the additions of Cespedes, Clippard, Kelly Johnson, Uribe, and Reed in the middle of the season the Mets turned their weaknesses around. Johnson and Uribe helped out the bench, while Cespedes, well unless you've been living under a rock for the past two months, you've heard what he's been able to do. People have been calling him for MVP. Familia saved more than games for the Mets, he saved the bullpen, he was the most consistent arm in the pen. He rose to the occasion for the Mets when they needed someone to step up. Conforto came up to the majors and has been a very nice player in left field for the Mets since arriving.
Now for the fun part, the part I am more than nervous about, the playoffs. The Mets made it, winning their division and now having to verse the Dodgers. I don't care about Kershaw's previous numbers in the playoffs, he is still Clayton Kershaw. We all know what he can do with a baseball. Him and Grienke could be like Schilling and Johnson in the postseason. The key is to get to them early and then holding that lead, the Mets will have to get a run early and hope what has gotten them there will continue with their strong surge in the pitching. I think it starts with not allowing Adrian Gonzalez beat you. As for the Mets offense, I could say Cespedes will have to show what he can do in the postseason but I think it's also what Wright and d'Arnaud can do against Kershaw and what Duda can do against Grienke. Now do you start Duda against Kershaw and Grienke or do you go with Cuddyer manning first base? Bridging the gap from the Mets starter to Familia will be key too. The Mets will have to be able to play small ball, moving the runner over and getting the guy in from third with less than two outs. The postseason everyone starts at zero.
I believe! Lets Go Mets!
No comments:
Post a Comment