Saturday, September 5, 2015

Wright in Time for the Stretch

Okay I realize I haven't written for a month and I've been neglecting my readers with my opinions and analysis. I have been thinking about how to make a start my blog back up and I think I have a place to start. I think I'll start Wright here.

David Wright reentered baseball life with a bang. He started for the first time since April 14, on August 24. He went 2-5 with a blast in his first at bat. The Mets went on to win that game 16-7. His bat might have been there that game but it's not what he's doing on the field, it's what he's doing for that clubhouse. He brings a positive aura with him. That whole team plays a more upbeat game when he's around, that was evident in the series against the Dodgers when he was in the clubhouse during the July 4th weekend. The clubhouse just seemed a slightly more pumped with him around. It's showing on the field too. The Mets won seven of the Wright's first 11 games back including his first four. 

David Wright's presence will not hurt this team. I think that his spot in the lineup should be in the two hole or five slot. When Wright is on, he goes the other way with authority. He goes to right field and can hit with two strikes, which is something that you like from your two hitter so it gives the guy on first the opportunity to swipe a bag. Whether it's Granderson or Lagares, I think either of them should be swiping bags. Cespedes in the three hole will give Wright better pitches and Duda in the four hole give the Mets a real power threat. Those should be your first four batters: Granderson, Wright, Cespedes, Duda-when healthy. They it gets a little foggy depending on who is defending where that day. If Cuddyer is in left, then he should be five, Flores six at second, d'Arnaud, seven and Tejada at short prior to the pitcher. There are other mixing and matching you can do over here like Flores five, d'Arnaud six, Lagares seven to man center field. It all depends one who you want out there on any given day. Sandy did a good job to get quality depth on the bench for this run, especially with Wright unable to play daily.

Lets go Mets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment