Enough about what could have been and now what is. Their plans are to sit Lucas Duda when they verse a lefty, excuse me, a tough lefty. So what you're telling me is you're going to sit the best pure power hitter the Mets have on their team currently. Why? So a career .243 hitter vs. lefties can strike fear for that tough left handed pitcher on the mound. I understand the numbers show Duda has poor numbers against lefty's but how is he supposed to get better without seeing the lefty's? So Michael Cuddyer is who they have playing first and John Mayberry Jr. in right when Duda sits. That's a lineup that just seems so flat. I would like to see Lucas Duda verse lefty's and maybe his off day just happens to land on a day when the Mets verse a tough lefty. It’s not that I am Lucas Duda fan, because I’m really not, I am a Mets fan and I think Duda playing in an everyday role- not a platoon- is the best thing for the team.
So when Sandy Alderson got Michael Cuddyer, I initially didn't like it, but then after five minutes it really grew on me, I thought, "They got a professional hitter". As the offseason continues, this move reminds me of last offseason when they got Chris Young, Cuddy will probably bring back more return. I like the idea of great clubhouse guys, but I think winning can create clubhouse guys. I know there aren't many moves they can do other than at shortstop but other options at short aren't great either. I still think they need another lefty and veteran arm in the bullpen to help form the young core they already have.
When the Mets were good, eight years ago, they had David Wright. But they had a few arguable Hall of Famers to help make him better. The Mets had Jose Reyes leading off, getting in the heads of the pitcher. Then you either had a formable two hitter, with probably Beltran, then Delgado, then probably Wright, then Floyd and so on. But wow look at those names, Delgado was a .300+ 30 hr and 100+ RBIs year and year out. The Mets don’t have that production from anyone in that lineup for the upcoming year. I hope the Mets can get me a Christmas Present in a big time hitter, but also for the right price.
I just really hope this pitching staff is good enough to carry the Mets into the playoff's. I think they are still missing that one big bat like I stated earlier to be real contenders but with a pitching staff like that and the ball dropping the right way for 92 games and then 11 (maybe 12), who knows what could happen? Ya gotta Believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment